Tuition & Financial Aid

Program Tuition

The 54-unit program, aimed at working professionals and recent undergraduates working part-time, can be taken on a full- or part-time basis.  Overall average time to degree is three years.  Total program is estimated at $46,872 (54 units X $868 per unit and is subject to increase in future years).  The per-unit fee covers the instructional program and access to student services fee (which includes student health center access, student representation and on-campus or VPM library access).  Health Insurance is charged separately.  Books, supplies, lab materials and cost of living are not included in the tuition.  Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.  There are no additional fees for out-of-state or international students.  

New and Continuing Students $ 868 Per Unit

The tuition, fees and charges posted here are estimates based on currently approved amounts.  These figures may not be final; actual tuition, fees and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California or, as authorized, by the President of the University of California.  Accordingly, final approved levels and charges may differ from the amounts shown.  For the most recent tuition and fee amounts, please visit the UC Davis Tuition and Fees website.  

Financial Aid

Students enrolled in at least five (5) units per quarter may be eligible for federal financial aid and/or educational loans. Each category has different requirements and restrictions. For details on how to apply, please visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships website. Students enrolled in fewer than five (5) units per quarter are not eligible for financial aid.

Self-Supporting Degree Programs

The Forensic Science Graduate Program is a self-supporting degree program. Self-supporting programs and students are not eligible to receive financial support from state funding sources. You may be eligible for some non-state funded Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) positions if you are a full-time student, and you should consult with your adviser about the availability of these paid positions. You are eligible to apply for and accept any campus position that is open to the public; this includes both permanent/long-term staff positions advertised by Human Resources.